Pages

Friday, August 7, 2015

vacation art

At first I wasn't going to bring any art supplies.
My notes from last year's vacation said "didn't do much art other than ICAD" and since the 2015 ICAD challenge was over before this year's vacation even started, I thought I'd free up some room in the car by leaving my gear at home.

But then I thought "I could just bring one bag...." and I started to pack.  I'll need some markers, and acrylic paint of course.  And glue sticks and scissors and a brayer.  Some colored pencils might be nice.  And my little pan of water colors.  Don't forget the brushes!  Better get a bigger bag.  A stamp pad and stamps are essential, and I wouldn't want to leave home without my x-acto knife, ruler and cutting mat.  This bag's getting pretty crowded and I haven't even added my sketchbooks or collage ephemera...

Ultimately I managed to squeeze most of my studio into a single bag and we'll just ignore the fact that the bag was the size of a Buick.

Anyway - I also packed a few dozen postcard bases that I had started at home last week.  Day one on the lake I unpacked and got down to business.
Here are the fruits of this particular creative burst.
All approximately 4"x6" on watercolor paper.


















And to think I still have 8 more days of vacation.

14 comments:

  1. They are all wonderful! Mine arrived today. Have a fabulous rest of your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY nice! And making art on vacation is a most excellent thing todo. I like your travel art kit...I bet you weren't flying with all that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I travel a wee bit more lightly when I fly. but only a wee bit.

      Delete
  3. Wow - you're being beautifully productive! I'm always so impressed with you, I always have good intentions during vacation, but that's about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Vacation! I owe you an email. It's coming. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, Karen art arrived today..! I love these, especially the one I got, um, the second one down...The glued on extra bit looks like it faced some challenges but persevered through all the horrors! Enjoy the remaining days....hugs Carroll

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got my Karen art today too! After I posted cats wearing clothes! Telepathic we are?! I love how you do that 3-D shading on your shapes. Add that to the list of things you can teach me at WAAR. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are awesome. Enjoy the vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My Karen art also arrived today! Thank you - great colors, design and asemic writing - what's not to love? Keep arting and vacation on!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you're making more of these fabulous cards. And thanks for the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I echo so many comments above! Gorgeous! Thanks for my Karen bike beauty in the mail. And Yes, 3D shading lessons please!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Magnifiques ! de très belles pièces... je suis fan !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Vacation art! What a great combination of words. I really like the 4th one down (white washers) and next to last.

    ReplyDelete