Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

100 drawings on cheap paper

I am so excited to be taking the on-line Jane Davies class, "100 drawings on cheap paper."  The first time she ran it, it sold out before I could register.  When she announced she was running it again, I jumped.  That was almost ten months ago and the waiting has been killing me.  Class finally started September 9th.  I'm two lessons in, and loving it.  It was worth the wait.

So far we've been working on line and layering, and using different techniques to vary the opacity of the paint.  Adding, lifting, obscuring, veiling in all kinds of ways.  I did more than 20 pieces over the weekend and I would just keep going in this manner but lesson 3 goes live tomorrow and I'll soon be caught up in that.

Here are some of the highlights of the weekend.  Some feel finished, others don't - all were a joy to create.  (all created on inexpensive 9x12 drawing paper.)










14 comments:

  1. Love the bold experimenting, looks like a great class if these are the results, very cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous. (what more could I possibly say, dahling...?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Karen what fun! I love Jane's work an every once in a while soak up some of her vids on youtube...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to be a total creeper and stand behind you while you make these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic! Love your drawings! I'm taking the class in February and I can't wait. I, also, tried to get in last time and it was full in a minute. Look forward to seeing more of your drawings. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice and so you these pieces. Glad you have jumped in. xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You are really doing some great stuff. I LOVED this class....but it's exhausting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you're in a class you love. I never replied to your email but I completely meant to and will, probably even this month. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I took the class in Jan. (with Jo) and she's right, it was exhausting. But also exhilarating, challenging, rewarding, and SO enlightening. I have a huge stack of work (well over 100 paintings) that I still go back through and see different connections and successes (or fails). I know you'll have a blast and if these are any indication, you'll be making some great work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. great lines and colour lucky you to be taking the course.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's so wonderful when you find a class that excites and inspires - I'm excited for you, you're clearly having so much fun already.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's so absolutely wonderful to see your art online. I hope you're doing well <3

    Uncustomary Art.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I followed along while Terrie took the class, so it's interesting to see the same lessons done by another artist. I quite like most of these.

    ReplyDelete