It's day number something-or-other of the creativity queue challenge at Daisy Yellow. Not only have I completed another half-finished project, I've coerced my borrowed technology into cooperating so that I could share it with you.
If you remember, my first project in this series involved my funky new binding system and organizing all my loose artwork.
Today's project picks up where that left off. For the past six months I've been trying to make test pages for all my art supplies, so that when I'm pawing through the box of colored pencils trying to find JUST the right shade of blue, I don't have to scribble with every single blue pencil (yet again) to remember how it looks on paper. I can refer to the test sheet, like the one below:
Helpful, right? This one is for watercolor crayons, and it shows what the crayon looks like dry as well as wet, and it lists the name of the color next to the test.
My goal has been to make a page like this for every different type of material. I've been chipping away at it, but the pages are scattered everywhere - some in sketchbooks, some stuffed in a folder, some in a pile on the bookshelf. I tracked them all down:
I figured out which materials were not represented, and made a few more sheets.Then, I punched holes in all the pages, created dividers so I could organize them by TYPE of art supply (colored pencils, markers, pastels, paints, etc.) and used some old scrapbook paper as the covers.
Now I have a handy-dandy reference book, and because of the cool binding system, I can add pages whenever I want.
It sits on the shelf right next to my work desk where I can easily refer to it in the middle of a project.
This makes me so very happy.
Huge thanks to the fabulous Tammy for lighting the motivational fire!