Pages

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Gelatin Prints

I've been very productive today!
These are some of the prints I made using unflavored gelatin as a printing block.


Here's my block of gelatin


I used acrylic paints and a brayer

and covered the gelatin block with paint


I laid down some paper circles on top of the paint


then I rubbed the paper over the block


Peel up the paper

Peel off the circles

Make another print

Spread pink paint on the gelatin and put the circles down in different places
lay the first print on top and rub
two layers

the second orange print rubbed on the pink paint

Here are some others using 3 colors and different masks/stencils





This was SO MUCH FUN. I made about 65 pages, each one with 2 or 3 layers and the gelatin block is still in great shape. I put it back in the fridge in case I want to make more!
Now how will I use them.....?

9 comments:

  1. Wheee! I just wanted to let you know that I pinned this coolness (with a link back here, of course!)

    Thank You!!!

    xo
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, here's the pin link if you're interested:

    http://pinterest.com/pin/258112622363548605/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic idea.
    I love the way this project came out.

    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for a great "how to" ive been searching and you answered my questions. Maretta.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for a great "how to" ive been searching and you answered my questions. Maretta.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What kind of paper do you use? So cool!

    ReplyDelete