Wednesday, May 11, 2011

More Abstract Adventures

Here's another abstract - this one was done largely without brushes. I applied most of the paint layers by dragging and scraping with an old price-chopper card. I added some think globs of red with a brush, and lots of drippy layers with a sopping wet brush.


After living with it for a few days, I decided it was too light and drippy in the middle, so I scraped on some more layers, added thick black brush blobs, and then misted it with water to create a few new drips. I like it a lot better. I'm not sure it's done, but I've moved on to something else for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment