1. Moldable foam stamps tutorial
Go watch this tutorial from Traci Bunkers right now. It's really cool. Here's some I made. I keep making more.
2. I won Amy's blue cat and it's hanging on my wall!
4. Got mail from Corrine and TJ.
5. Found fantastic kids' reference books from the early 60's at my local thrift store. Five volumes for four bucks. Full of pictures like this
Plus I found these never-used pencil and oil pastel sets for a pittance.
6. I carved this stamp.
I have a favorite stencil that looks like this:
But sometimes I don't want to cover the background with paint or ink
Sometimes I wish I could just stamp those circles on a page.
So I rubbed a stamp pad all over the stencil and pressed a carving block on top to capture the image and then started carving. Here's my finished stamp:
Here's an image from it. I've been using it on everything.
7. Card Catalog love.As a life-long library lover and former library employee, I nearly died when I saw this nifty little online app. I think every list I make for the rest of my life will be made this way.
Okay, you thought you were going to get through a post without me mentioning pie. You were wrong. Pie is still making me really happy.