I made this for a recent swap. The theme was "baker's dozen" and all I had to do was create a collaged postcard using 13 different images.
I made the thematic decision to use only tall and skinny images.
from left to right:
7. sky scraper
10. calla lily
11. cub scout
13. grandfather clock
and while I'm making lists,
here are 13 things I loved about my week.
1. first graders learning how to armpit fart
2. hiring two new people at work
3. this picture of me and Max
4. the last gasp of autumn, in all of its golden glory
5. falling asleep on the couch under the puffy down blanket and the cat while listening to baseball
6. boot and scarf weather
7. trying not to crack up at the same first graders who "vandalized" the school building by writing "fart" on the door in chalk. It was mighty hard to maintain my serious scowly face.
8. the security envelope swap at "mail me some art"
9. homemade apple pie for breakfast
10. good leftovers for lunch
11. laughing until I cried over Max pretending to read while wearing a giant rubber horse-head mask. Wish I had a video.
12. The anticipation of a weekend away with some of my favorite people
13. This package, received in the mail, full of collage fodder, gum and chocolate. (thanks, Gina!)
I hope you all have a fabulous weekend, filled with at least a baker's dozen worth of excellent things.