Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

She comes in colors

Guess what?  We're building a rainbow and you can help!
The ever-inspiring Tammy at Daisy Yellow is building a rainbow with five days of color. 
Today is day one and the color is red or pink.

I rarely work in these colors, but was up for the challenge.  I intended to create something red, but a funny thing happens when you combine your red paint with white gesso....
So here's my pink piece for today.  It includes just two of the many kinds of washi tape I got for my birthday from my lovely, lovely sister.
It also includes a picture I took of my favorite day lilies in my garden.


Now go make something red or pink,   and add your linky love at Daisy Yellow!

4 comments:

  1. So delicate and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Karen; red is a difficult color to get just so.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great addition to the challenge!! I love the focus on that patterned background. It is nice to step out of your comfort zone once in a while.
    ~Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pink is just Diet Red....heehee ;P

    Love your piece! That daylily is a gorgeous shade!

    ReplyDelete