Pages

Sunday, April 8, 2012

telling tales

Here's something I've been dragging my feet about for the last month:  Seth Apter's open call for the Pulse of Mixed Media.  

(Go over to his blog and read about it because he'll explain it better than I will.  It's all part of the celebration around the release of his wonderful book, and it's not juried and open to everyone. So you should all submit something.  Really.)

I knew the minute I read the post that I wanted to play along, but then I got all freaky anxious and totally overthought it for weeks, and I knew if I kept procrastinating I'd miss the deadline and really regret it, and I'd give myself a little pep talk, but then I still wouldn't work on it.

SO,
in honor of the end of the Daisy Yellow Creativity Queue Challenge, I told my brain to shut up and I created this 5"x5" piece.

I answered the question "If your artwork could talk, what would it say?"
(look mom, I put the question mark inside the quotation marks)


It goes out in tomorrow's mail.
Thanks again, Tammy.

20 comments:

  1. Love love it, great words and color

    ReplyDelete
  2. This feat alone should make you proud :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, great piece, go for it! xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it. It's been great (as always) to share in your creative energy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it. It's been great (as always) to share in your creative energy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen - what an excellent piece. I read that invite as well but felt way too intimidated to participate. I did win an autographed copy of Seth's book and read it this weekend. It's very inspirational. I really like your composition, texture, and colors in this piece - beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! Good for you for submitting something for this project.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I REALLY like this--so beautiful!!! I read the post...maybe I'll give it a try if I can get over my own case of the freaky anxious overthinking thing you described :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that bubble wrap texture up there on the top. I wish that I could touch it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is SO good to shut off the brain sometimes. Good for you for getting it done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning piece. I cannot wait to see it in person. Thanks for submitting to the project!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think the same thing every day when I read your blog - what will she do next! Good luck with Seth's open call, your piece is great! I wanted to stop by and thank you - I got your iHanna swap postcard on Saturday - it's awesome - thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How DOES she do it??? I tried making my own stamp, hmmm, fun but it is going to take some practice...

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a great piece, great texture and color! I thought about doing one too but have also been procrastinating.... I think we did have the same childhood... But I didn't have the rainbow suspenders. did you wear love's baby soft perfume too? Or maybe sweet honesty?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I got the chance to meet Seth this past week...he's one cool guy! Love the color and texture on this piece!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad you joined in and sent your art! I love the textures and how it all interacts together!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Karen I just read that you were the winner over at Oh Write Me with that hilarious berd drawing! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooh! OOOHOOOOOOO!

    Love this.

    My canvas is ready,b ut I haven't sent it! What am I doing?


    I'm going to go give myself a good talking too.

    C

    p.s. Aren't you glad our little things will be with Seth at the same time? It's almost like being friends and stuff!

    ReplyDelete