Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Help! Robots are taking over the local elementary school



 
 



Breaking news:

SHREWSBURY(AP) – Area  children were surprised to find an army of small robots hiding on their school playground this morning.  Each robot bore the message “Countdown to June 13th”.  Head custodian Joe Mahoney was puzzled.  “I don’t know how these little guys got here.  I came in  around six o’clock in the morning and I saw no signs of activity.  They’re quiet little fellas.  Did a good job hiding themselves until recess time.  I'm worried. It feels a little bit like an invasion.”  When asked the significance of June 13th, Mahoney said “well, that’s the last day of school.  Whatever it is they’re planning at least they have the decency to wait until the kids are gone.”  The children seem unconcerned.  “I found this one inside the tunnel, and my friend  found that one under the bench” said a toothless first grader who wished to be identified as Shammando.  “We hope we find more after lunch.”

Authorities are puzzled by their sudden appearance, but find no evidence of hostile takeover or foul play.  Local residents report seeing an unidentified middle-aged woman riding a bicycle and carrying a bag full of shiny silver objects in the vicinity of the school at 5:30 this morning.


 
 
 

click here for more on this story


12 comments:

  1. you are so wonderful.

    this is wonderful.

    you must have made them silly happy.

    xxa

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a riot!!!! Love this....(I bought index cards today)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your energy. Same energy that inspires street artists, I imagine. After that artist lecture I went to, I thought about gluing my postcards on walls about town in the spirit of Fred Free.
    I also had a slight bit of index card inspiration. I signed up for the flickr group. I already have cards and may try it out index card size or go smaller and go rolo size since I happened upon yet another rolo holder at a thrift store!
    See you in the mail and internet!
    mm

    ReplyDelete
  4. The world is a much better place because you are in it.

    I cannot even express how much I love this.

    xo
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH OH OH HOW COOL IS THAT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool thing! Laughter and smiles....and the talk of the town for weeks to come, I bet!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are pretty darn cute for invading robots. I can picture the not yet middle age woman on her bike pre-dawn with shiny silver objects - ET phone home - we you riding in the air? xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. flipping BRILLIANT!!!

    you are a joy-bringing genius :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What lucky kids to live in the same town as you!

    ReplyDelete