Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

Ever ready

I had a brief 24 hour vacation interruption to drive my nephew from Maine back to Mass so he could start his second year of college. I slept in my own bed, loved my lonely kitties, picked up my mail (yippee!) and then started out on the two hour drive to the Portland airport to pick up my niece, who will be spending the rest of the week in Casco with us. The drive to Portland is longer than her flight from DC so I left the house before her scheduled departure. En route I got a text that her flight had been delayed. And then delayed again. And again. No point in turning around. No point in pressing on to the rental house. Looks like I've got 2-3 hours to kill in the airport. Good thing I have provisions!

8 comments:

  1. A girl scout is always prepared LOL:)
    Good luck,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was that Friday, or today? My husband's flight from DC was delayed and then canceled on Friday, so he didn't get home until Saturday. The week had already been so bad that I didn't even have the energy to get upset. I was just resigned.

    Thanks for your postcard today. It made me smile, which was super nice after the horrible week I had last week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a pretty fantastic way to kill some time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh No! Forced to play with paper and ink! While sustaining yourself with much needed provisions. ACK!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Write on, Baby! Heartburn city, here you come (I'm only saying it cuz I love onion rings too, and still eat them on occasion and knowingly pay the price - an old standby, reminding me of lunches with my Mom, RIP)! Nice amber ale you got goin' there too? :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd wrestle you for those onion rings!

    ReplyDelete