Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

New Art Swap Group


Hello Lovelies!

I'm very excited to be starting an art swap blog called "Mail Me Some Art"
(How's that for straight-and-to-the-point blog naming?  None of this mysterious "who the heck is Rushmore and why does she have a blog" business).

I was running a swap group on Flutterbye for the last month, but sadly, Flutterbye has shut it's doors.  Before she closed it, Amy asked if I'd consider keeping the group alive in another location.  
So here it is - launched today with two new swaps.

And guess what? 
 I'm making this sooooo easy on you.  
There's nothing to join.  Nothing to post.  No one to hunt down.  
You make the art and I do the work.

I know, right?
It's the best deal in town.

Here's how it works.  I list new swaps on the blog and post a "send by" date.
You make something and mail it to ME by that date.
I do NOT keep it all for myself, as tempting as that may be.
Instead, I photograph everything, post it on the new blog with full credit to you the artist, and then mail your art to someone else.  

No more worrying that after pouring hours into your fabulous one-of-a-kind piece of artwork your partner skips town with the mailman and leaves you high and dry with nothing in return.
If you send something, you get something. 
If you forget to send something, you get nothing.
It's that easy.

All I ask in return?
Include the cost of return postage in the envelope you send me.
Lots of ways to do it.  Details on the blog.

We'll focus on paper-based swaps that are quick to make and easy to mail.
(post cards, ATCs, tags, envelopes, inchies, etc.)

SO - go check it out!
Join a swap.
Leave me a comment.
Make a suggestion.
Follow the blog so that you can enjoy all the inspiring art that gets posted, even if you don't want to swap.
There's even a place you can post your address if you want to find new mail art friends.  

What are you waiting for?
Mail Me Some Art!

7 comments:

  1. there is always so much to catch up on when I come to visit... and this seems like a great idea... I am going to head over and read up on the details... looking forward to all those ICAD creations as well...xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea!! I'll definitely check out the new blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like so much fun (and your swap blog is so easy to navigate)... I might have to do it!

    xo
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay. Going over there to check it out now. With both Self-Portraits & Pocket Shrines done, I'm at loose ends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Look at you! Very cool and great of you. Can't join at this time but I'll be watching for all the great art!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great that you have a new set-up blog and a new lease on life. I signed up for the icad flickr group. Got a set of cards, going to do it. Blog looks cool. xox

    ReplyDelete