Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday

Fellow art journaler Marissa suggested taking a picture of the same thing every day for the month of September.  I decided it would be fun to take a picture of my art table every day before I head off to bed.  (I have a terrible habit of working until I drop, and then just leaving the mess where it is.)

I forgot to take pictures on the 7th, but here are the other 12 days so far.  It's a pretty small table (4 feet long and only 20 inches deep) Even when it's neat, it's covered in stuff, and as you can see below, it's rarely neat.  That center picture in the bottom row is my favorite because there was barely a clear inch left to work.  You can I did a little bit of organizing before I got down to work the next day.
(used the Mosaic Maker from Big Huge Labs)


I also decided to take a close-up of my blotter paper every day since it's my favorite part of my work space.  I use a roll of cheap kids easel paper and roll one big sheet over the top of the table.    I paint all over it until it's so lumpy-bumpy I have to take it off and start over.   I often end up using bits of old blotter in collages. I like seeing the evolution of the paint layers - I can see the clues to what I was working on each day.


What's on YOUR work desk today?

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE these mosaics -- especially the one of your work table. I would hang it on my wall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love seeing where people work. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete