Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2012

I'm getting paid to do this

My wish came true and we got our snow day today. The phone rings at 5:30 and I answer to the beautiful sound of the Superintendent's robo-call, telling us schools are closed for inclement weather.  What this means for me?  A paid day off to do nothing but make art.

I'm catching up on my composition class.  Here's my second shape collage for lesson one:
I've read the handout and watched the video for lesson two and I've prepared 5 backgrounds and started all these little color studies:
On a day like today even snow-blowing is relatively pleasant, because at least I'm getting paid for it.

8 comments:

  1. Yea! The jammie thing worked!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! We never get snow days here in SF -- and we definitely do not want earthquake days....have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just got caught up on your blog, loving the art you have been creating in the class

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...getting paid to be in jammies and snowplowing with thoughts of colors and art swirling thru your head sounds a bit like heaven!
    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun, doing color studies! The textures on your page/canvas. And I've never used these colors together. Really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Feels good to get caught up....and stay cozy inside all day! Oh, and get paid for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! Not much better than getting paid to do what you love! Your composition looks great and the color studies are tiny little pieces of art that I'm sure you'll something really cool with! Yay for snowdays - for you - I'm already dreading spring break! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy! Those snow days are well earned!!! Great collage- really like how the shapes and colors are working together!

    ReplyDelete