Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2012

This week's outgoing postcards

I stayed up way too late making post cards last night.  They started off kind of sweet and pretty (or at least as sweet and pretty as I ever get).  The first one is made from dictionary pages glued together to make a stiff card.  The next two (though you can't really see it) are "quilted" - magazine pages glued together and then machine stitched in random patterns.



But I can't stand too much pretty, so I started adding my bug stamps to other cards that felt a little cloying.
(after I posted my stamp tutorial, my mother emailed me to beg me to never send her anything with this fly on it.  Doesn't she know by now that this is the QUICKEST way to get me to do something?  It's taking an enormous amount of restraint not to send her a fly-a-day. You're welcome, Mom.)
Things got darker as the evening progressed.

Hoping to get these out in tomorrow's mail.



11 comments:

  1. You are too funny, none too pretty there at the end, your wry humor is coming out! xox Corrine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! The poison is working! ROFLMAO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my god. daddy looked very surprised.

    oh my god.

    this is the only blog that makes me laugh out loud.

    xxa

    ReplyDelete
  4. i can't stop scrolling back up and looking at it.

    oh my god.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ditto what amy said. love the comment from your mom! and the use of your midcentury stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cards! You're nice than I, I'd probably send my mother loads of flies! hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Personally I hate real flies but love the rubber stamped flies! And love all those postcards -- quite a prolific evenings work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so funny. Gotta add bugs to subdue "pretty!" And thank goodness the poison is working!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What wonderful mail art you make!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the ones with words. And giggled about the restraint it is taking to not send a fly per day postcard to your mother. Definetly bookmarking this page for future grins.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The poison IS working! Love all the cards...and your stamp carving skillz are awesome!

    ReplyDelete