Pages

Friday, August 19, 2011

Paint Party Friday Week 23

Hooray!  It's Paint Party Friday again!  Last week was my first time posting to this fabulous group and I'm so glad I did.  I visited dozens of cool blogs and saw all different kinds of amazing, inspiring art.  And I got so many lovely comments here.  Thanks to everyone for visiting!  Your comments mean a lot!

So, if you recall, I've been on vacation all week and I wasn't planning on packing any paints.  Turns out I slipped some in.  For the kids.  I remembered how much fun we all had painting rocks last year and decided I'd better find a little space in the suitcase for some craft paint.  I know, I know - I'm such a selfless person!

I haven't been using the paints all week because there is just no space to spread out - too crowded, too messy, and too busy.  But at last - a day of making stuff presented itself, and with a picnic table to myself and the paints already open, I decided to make some art.

It was super windy and my index cards were flying all over the yard.  I decided to incorporate some masking tape into my design to make my life easier.  I created a grid of 9 cards, taped them to the table cloth and went to town with three different shades of blue.  I used a folded up index card as a brush.


I plucked some leaves off the nearby shrubs and used them as stamps with white and green paint



Then, since I was outside, I cut loose with some paint flinging.  First some yellow and orange:

Then some black drips and spatters:


When the drips were dry I rubbed on some more blue and orange paint in various spots with my hands.  I peeled off the masking tape, and here's the end result:

 Here's a close-up of one of the cards:

I had SO much fun.  I love painting outside.  I LOVE flinging paint.  I really love the white borders on the cards.  If it hadn't been windy I wouldn't have needed to tape the cards to the table and wouldn't have done this project.  Hooray for creative problem solving.

When I peeled up all the tape, it was so beautiful on it's own I decided to save it.  I used a bit on my "official" index card of the day.



 Happy Friday everyone!  Thanks for dropping by the party!






33 comments:

  1. AWESOMEness! What a Fun project and I'd definitely keep the tape:) Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fantstic, I love the botanical touches! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are Wonderful! Love the colors, the whole idea! Fun! thanks, namaste,
    Carol (Share the Creative Journey) Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful work, you're a natural artist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow such a great idea and huge fun. Stunning results. Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great idea - I am inspired and rushing to get out the masking tape. I like doing interesting things with layered backgrounds. Cutting up and rearranging can provide the nicest surprises.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these...they are great fun...so glad it was windy...they turned out brilliantly.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These turned out great! I am going to have to try this. Thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! How fun...windy and wild! You can almost feel the elements whipping about! POP ART MINIS

    ReplyDelete
  10. now thats art,, I love this and your description makes me love it more,,

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just awesome! It looks like a very fun project. I'll have to try it some time. Great colors too. Have a great weekend. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stamping with leaves? Awesome! I love the way you used the painted tape, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderfully ingenious! Your postcards are beautiful and I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how resourceful you are - using leaves as stamps... Fantastic! The look of the masked off cards is wonderful and I think it's great that you used the tape in your "official card" :)

    xo
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  15. All I can say is WOW!!!!!!! You had a blast! These came out soooooo cool! I can just picture you out there amongst the trees flinging paint! I wanna play too!!!! Happy PPF!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay for you! I'm so glad you took your paints. You had a magical time. I LOVE what came of your creativity and problem solving. AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely GORGEOUS pieces. Loved seeing the process too. I am so glad yo shared this one with us this week! Have a great PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  18. what ingenuity! these really turned out great!! It's amazing what we can come up with if we don't have everything at our fingertips. I love it that you came up with a "brush" and using the natural stamps... etc. it all came together beautifully! I can these framed up as a series... great job! you should be proud :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow!! What a creative and fun idea!! They are all so unique and beautiful. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  20. My goodness, I never would have thought of using the leaves but now that you've brought it up, I'm thinking of rock stamps, twig drawing and so much more! I love that your problem solving gave you such a successful result! And then using the tape again - genius!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This looks fun! :) And those leaves print look really great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, what a great experience you ended up with! so cool!
    -Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  23. Somehow my previous comment hasn't shown. I said, it was a great idea and next time I felt stuck and stultified I would do something like that and unstick my self- except i think I said it better the first time!

    I have come back to this page to thank you for the excellent feedback you gave me on my ABC's. XX

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love all the layers to this- the end result was magnificent; I could see them framed all together with a striking result! Also love that you were able to use the tape- so clever :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is a super COOOOOOOOOOOL idea, and I will try this at the next possibility to work outside, or perhaps even inside in my messy kitchen. Thanks for the inspiration! Greetings from Kaiserswerth in Rhineland, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  26. These are great!!! Thanks for sharing the process!!! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks so much for coming by my blog today. I love your finished pieces, even the tape! You used some of my favorite colors, and I love the leaf stamping idea. I will have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow! Awesome! Beautiful! Words are lacking at the moment. I love the white borders and the entire process sounds like so much fun. I will have to try this. Great post. You did a great job showing the process which so many people, including myself, leave out.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Yummy I feel like I am right there at the beach with you. Great tutorial on your process. xox Corrine

    ReplyDelete
  30. these are great!!! happy ppf! ( a bit late! :)

    ReplyDelete