Pages

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Traveling Art Journal - words of strength and encouragement

The second traveling art journal I worked on yesterday came from Laura Harms. Her theme is "Words of Strength and Encouragement". Here's the page I made:
The journal is a 5"x8" sketchbook with pages meant for drawing. I added so much paint, glue and extra paper that the page started to buckle! Luckily, Laura encouraged us to "Thickify" the pages (love that word!) so I hope she won't mind.

The words are something I heard Jane Davenport say in the class she teaches for "21 Secrets". I was watching her video and she sort of casually says "be gentle with your expectations" and it resonated with me so much that I stopped the video and got up to find a scrap of paper and pen so I could write it down before I forgot. It's been tacked on my bulletin board above my work table for months. It's such a lovely reminder to be kind to ourselves in the creative process.

These two journals will be lovingly packed and shipped to Maria on Monday. Can't wait for the next one to arrive!

4 comments:

  1. WOW! those words are so perfect for my life right now. thanks!! can't wait to see it in real life.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just made my way through the blog, start to finish. I am totally and completely enthralled. You have always been one of my favorite people; now you're one of my favorite artists, too. Love you, love your work. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, M. You deserve a prize for reading the whole thing in one day. Thanks for your love and support.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the page and the quote....I need that quote on a daily basis

    ReplyDelete