Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Wonky

The trackpad on my MacBook is acting up.  It's been wonky for about a month, but it's getting worse by the day.  I actually had to resort to plugging in a mouse (gasp!), but I couldn't fathom letting it out of my sight for repair.  It's barely been further than arms length for almost two years.  We're in love.  How can I be without it?

This was taken on last year's Seattle vacation.  Okay, I admit this might be a bit of a problem.


Still, I can stand this wonkiness no longer and I must take action.  I've done my research, found my repair shop, and chosen the moment of separation wisely.  Tomorrow I leave for a 4 day trip to my beloved Rangeley Lake - to a cabin with no Wifi (gasp!) and Dial-up internet! (the horror!).  What better time to be without my baby?

So, I will not be posting anything anywhere, or visiting and commenting on your blogs for four long days.  I will ease my unplugged pain by swimming in the icy cold lake, hiking in the woods and hills, picking wild blueberries, swinging in the hammock, reading a novel (!) and spending time with some of my favorite people on earth.  My MacBook will be jealous, but I think we'll both get over it.  If you're looking for me, this is where I'll be:


3 comments:

  1. I hope you have a great time on your holiday, and your baby will be fine well you are gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so fun, haven't been to Rangeley since I was a kid. What a glorious lake it is. xox Corrine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your time away from the internet. I can be such a gift.
    Take in the freshness of nature.

    ReplyDelete