Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Vacation Art: Tuesday and Wednesday


 Yesterday's index card involved rifling through the recycling - flower petals from a kleenex box and graphics and text from an old magazine.  I wasn't very happy with it and was getting stressed out.  When I saw the text "what's at stake" it made me stop and laugh.  So what if this isn't the best card I've ever created?  I'm not going to get kicked out of the ICAD club.  My friends and family will still love me.  Finish the darn card and don't worry about it.  Tomorrow's another day.
 

Today might have been the most perfect beach day in the history of beach days.  Much was accomplished - hermit crabs were caught, enormous holes were dug, large quantities of sand were moved from place to place in a wheelbarrow.    My own contributions to this industriousness:


I'm obsessed with sand balls


My family has a long tradition of making mermaids in the sand.  Many thanks to my 7 year old friend Eloise for her design work and construction assistance.


Tonight's index cards were made with Neocolors and glaze pens.  
found this great little skirt in a thrift store for $5.  feeling uninspired, I decided to draw it tonight.


After I made the "skirt" card I remembered that my pack of glaze pens comes with a clear marker which works great for resist.  The white circles were made with the clear glaze pen on the white card, covered over with purple and black neocolor wash.  I then drew the black circles on top when it was dry.

More fun tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. No i dont think you will get kicked out of the icad club , because that index card was fabulous, as well as your other ones sounds like you are having a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos to you for moving past that moment of not good enough! Mermaid is spectacular and so are your sand balls. Looks like some ancient sculpture. xox Corrine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow--a little beach time for a fogged-in San Franciscan. Love the sand balls - what the heck are they? And the cards are great.

    ReplyDelete